I've always enjoying blogging, and journaling for that matter, but have found myself overwhelmed by my job, family, and life! Don't get me wrong, I love everything I have going on right now, but sometimes 24 hours just isn't enough. If you know me, then you know I want to run a marathon sooo badly. I tell people it's on my 'bucket list' before I get pregnant again. John and I are hoping to get pregnant next summer (2011), so completing these 26.2 miles is a must in the next few months.
The longest run I've completed so far is 10 miles. I've read a lot about running and people say it is a milestone...the first double digit run. I felt good and enjoyed the race, and after party, quite a bit. I'm signing up for the White Rock Half-Marathon on December 5th and need to get my training schedule going again. After doing 10 miles, I definitely believe I can do 13.1 with no problem. In fact, I'm super excited about it!
I am starting this blog to write about my days and more importantly, hold myself accountable for my actions! :) You see, it is very easy for me to get home, lay on the couch with Kelsey, and waste the night away. Likewise, with the ever tempting McDonald's up the street (ugh..I don't understand my obsession), breakfast can easily be obtained for $2.13. Pathetic...I know. I have started my food journal up, which definitely helps me keep my diet on track. It's amazing how guilty you feel writing down "pack of M&M's" or "sausage mcmuffin". If you want to lose weight and don't have one of these, I HIGHLY recommend it. In addition to the food accountability, I have to stay dedicated to my training guide. I want to keep track of my mileage and pace, along with how I felt during the run. The weather is about to cool down so I can finally begin enjoying my afternoon runs! Tomorrow - I have to run 4 miles, which thankfully is no big deal. My long run this Saturday is 7 miles and honestly I haven't run more than 4.5 since the 10 for Texas. I think I can do it, I just need to take it slowly...
So here we go, Day 1 begins. I'm actually participating in Insanity after school to build up some muscle mass. I love my school, I love my co-workers, and I am so blessed to be in a place where personal health is talked about and encouraged. Wish me luck and enjoy the ride!
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment