Friday, October 29, 2010

Namaste..

So after doing yoga for two weeks, I was interested in finding out what "namaste" actually means. Our instructor always says it at the end of class. I looked at Yoga Journal and found out it is a gesture to acknowledge the soul of another person, and translated roughly means "I bow to you". I may have to use this with my kids at school..haha

Anyways - a few of us went next door t York to participate in yoga. It's a fun experience and the instructor is such a fun lady. It's not as difficult as the yoga my mom participates in, but it's still a nice way to stretch out my body and tone my muscles. Hopefully, if I stick to it, I will lengthen and tone my entire body. At the end of the session we always lay still and take deep breathes in and out. This is such a relaxing exercise, but sometimes doing it around middle schoolers can be humorous. Yesterday, a kid walked out to go to the bus and said, "Yeah, I know, I thought they were all dead, or asleep, or something". I couldn't contain myself, I started laughing. Kids really do say the silliest things sometimes.

Today I'm going to complete my 4 mile run. I haven't run in about a week and the weather outside is so beautiful right now! I plan on going home and running in the neighborhood. I have a perfect 4.3 course laid out there, so I may just cut off the last few minutes and walk them home. I am an avid Ipod runner, so I hope they are allowed on my half and full marathon. To me, there is nothing like turning on my running mix and just running. I love music and don't get to listen to it often, so running gives me the perfect time to sing and enjoy music. I'll let you know my pace later tonight.

On a personal note, I signed up for my principal test!! I'll be taking it on November 22 at noon. Prayers needed and appreciated!!! I'm super nervous but know my school has prepared me well. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment