Well, due to the fact that my Dad was in town and wanted to go to happy hour at Tailgators on Friday, my 4 mile run didn't end up happening! Darn...haha, I blame it all on him! Instead of running, I enjoyed 2 Dos XX beers and good conversation with my Dad. I love when my family comes to visit, it's always fun to see them interact with Kelsey. Anyways, that night, Dad cooked us some amazing spaghetti and meatballs/sausage for dinner. We had our neighbors over and had a great time catching up. It had been quite a while since we got together with them as well. It's crazy how busy you can get during the week! I drank a few more beers and then decided I should probably switch to water if I was going to tackle 7 miles in the morning.
I got up to run at about 7:45, but didn't actually leave the house until 8:30. Dad left and John woke up so he could watch Miss Kelsey. I ran my first 3 miles in a long sleeve shirt and ear warmers because I am a complete wimp when it comes to the cold. After 3 miles, which completes the loop around our neighborhood, I stopped at the park for a sip of water and lost the ear warmers. Next loop, my Ipod goes out! Noooooo...I was seriously contemplating how the heck I was supposed to finish. I decided I would continue to sing my favorite songs in my head and pray for some of my kids at school. Headed back by the park for another swig of water and lost the shirt. I was burning up in so much gear! Finished the loop and headed home, feeling great! I don't know my time or pace because the Ipod went out :( Oh well, I think the important part was that I finished and I felt like I could have done more. It was the first time my knees didn't hurt while I was running.
I will tell you, I actually enjoyed running without music. It was the first time I really experienced the "runners high" and just enjoyed being outside on a beautiful day. I also like jogging the loop in my neighborhood because it gives me the opportunity to get a drink every 1.7 (almost 2) miles. I need to get used to this practice for the bigger races because staying hydrated is so important. I'm a little disappointed that I don't know my pace, but I will make sure to have the Ipod charged before this Saturday. I'm going to attempt 8, which should be fine. My only worry is whether or not I'll be able to walk that night for our Halloween Party!
I'm staying home with Kelsey today since her babysitter's son has strep! It's another blessing in disguise considering I have a paper due this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great Monday! I think I'm going to check out boot camp with some of my friends this afternoon. I have really enjoyed mixing up my routine...it keeps things interesting!
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment