Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Well...It's been too long!

Life's been a little crazy since my last post! Lots of guests, our After-Halloween Party, school....but, I'm proud to report that I have been sticking to my workout schedule. Last Wednesday, I completed Insanity with my work buddies. We did the 'sports training' video and it kicked my butt! It's non-stop for an hour. At one point you even do 2 minutes of suicide runs...ugh! I was overly sore the next day, body very fatigued, so I'm glad it was my yoga stretch day.

I really love the yoga classes, but I never feel like I get a good workout in. I know it's supposed to be a relaxation/stretching day, and I have to get that into my head. I feel guilty now if I miss a workout, especially if my diet didn't go well, so I have to constantly remind myself that my body does need rest. To me, rest = laziness... Definitely a belief I need to change. I would like my yoga classes to be a little tougher, like more challenging poses that really firm and tone. The class I attended with my mom was killer and I loved it!

Friday came around and I didn't do my jog like I was supposed too. There is just something about jogging on a Friday that is not appealing! I came home and helped John finish our back patio in order to be ready for our party on Saturday. We can officially say we are FINISHED with the back patio! Such a great feeling. Our pergula is up and painted, and all the rocks are laid cemented down! Yay! It looks so beautiful! We even stapled Christmas lights up around the top for some lighting. I made John pull the strings really tight so it wouldn't look cheap, and it turned out awesome, especially at night!

Laura drove in Friday night and woke up with me on Saturday for an 8.5 mile jog. It went great! Unfortunately (again) we do not know our official time. I think we ran for somewhere around 90 minutes, but I can't be certain. She hasn't run in over a month and was able to complete the entire thing....I'm jealous! haha. I felt good when we finished though. It was nice to have someone to run with. Once again, I am so thankful for the neighborhood I live in. Our center loop is 1.7 miles, so each time I get to the park I take a drink of water. I'm ready for my race and more excited than ever! This weeks long run = 10 miles! Whoa!

Our Halloween party was a huge success...super fun! John looked exactly like the lead singer from Green Day and I was his punk gf. I'll have to post some pictures soon. To make the party even better, A&M beat the hell outta ou! Whoop! That was quite the game!

Sunday morning I was exhausted!! Kelsey apparently didn't get the memo that it was daylight savings, and woke up early. My head was hurting a little bit (I can't imagine why?) and I was extremely tired! Why do I try to pretend I'm in college when I have a baby at home!? haha. Mom, Aunt Linda, and Aunt Melissa ate lunch at Tommy Bahamas on Market Street, so Lo, my neighbor Ashley, Kelsey and I ventured up to meet them. Kelsey got to play in the water fountains at Market Street and loved every minute of it. She's adorable. I'm seriously blessed with the BEST baby ever!! We grabbed a bite to eat and headed home to relax!

Monday came way to fast, but since I went to bed at 8:30 Sunday night, I felt nice and refreshed! Laura and I went on a 4.4 mile jog that night in 39 minutes. My fastest yet! Maybe b/c my sister and her dog were about 20 yard ahead of me the entire time....dang her long legs. I swear I have to do double the strides just to keep up with her! At least that's my excuse! It was a hard run though! Windy and fast. I love a good challenge and felt great when I finished!

And finally, John and I did 'pure cardio' yesterday at home. I am really proud of him for working out with me because he was exhausted. When we got finished, we ate dinner and he was in bed by 8:45! Even though pure cardio is a Level I video, its tough!! My legs were a little tired from the run the day before, but I completed the video. I always feel so good after a workout...maybe thats what keeps me going. Today I'm scheduled to do a 5 mile run. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

Oh my gosh! How could I forget!? I got into the White Rock Half Marathon!! December 5th I will be running in Dallas and I'll need ALL the support I can get! Who wants to come out and support me?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment