Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another Week Has Passed....

....and still no post!

Life is settling down, I've just been lazy about writing! Let me think about last week's workouts...oh yes, I remember now.

Wednesday I changed it up. I thought John and I were going to come home and do Insanity, but he didn't want to get sore before softball night. I decided to stay in and do some P90X Yoga and Abs. The Yoga is tough, especially because they move so quickly through the planks and down dogs, but abs are tougher! 18 minutes of pure pain, but I love it! Seriously, if you don't have the P90X Abs, find a friend who does, try them out twice a week and I bet you get a six pack fast!!

Thursday I ran for 45 minutes around Benders Landing. Not sure how far that was, but it had to have been at least 4.5 miles. I love my runs. They are a great way to unwind, or chill out, or think...whatever you may need to do. I got home just in time to see John head out for softball, took a shower and spent some time with my baby! I just love that little girl.

Friday came and I substituted my workout for new highlights and a cut! Thanks Nicole :) Then we headed up to Tom Cox BINGO Night and helped out for a while. John went hunting, so the weekend was full of Kelsey and cleaning!

Saturday - my day for long runs didn't happen because of the rain that morning and no babysitter for Kelsey. But around 11, Kelsey and I decided to take the jogger out for a run. I figured out how to secure the front wheel so it doesn't wobble and I really wanted to try it out. Turn out after 5 minutes I was thinking, "How the HECK do these Mom's do it?" Seriously, it was the hardest 3 miles of my life. I was literally putting ALL my weight into the run and still we were probably doing a 12 minute pace! haha

Get back home, sweating, abs, arms, hamstrings, quads all burning to discover that not just one, ohhh no, that would be too easy, but BOTH of my back wheels are completely flat! haha...score one for the blonde Liz! No wonder the run was so painful! Have you ever tried to ride a bike with a flat tire?? I went next door and Jason pumped up both tires for me. The first push on full tires felt weightless! It was at that point I discovered how Mom's run with the jogger! We then decided to take Bailey on a 1.5 mile walk since she had been cooped up all day and I was supposed to have a long run.

Skipped a workout on Sunday and made up for it on Monday with a 6 mile jog. God is good, that's all I have to say. The skies were overcast all afternoon, but I decided to take off anyways. I ran around Bender's for an hour and prayed to God, "Please let me make it back to school before it starts to rain," and I'm not kidding, the minute my foot hit the pavement at Tom Cox the mist changed to rain. I just smiled and said "Thank You." :) He really is awesome!

Yesterday, John, Kelsey, Bailey, and I headed out for a jog around the neighborhood. It was a 4 mile loop and we all did pretty well. We ran/walked it, but I'm just thankful we did it as a family. John said he's lost about 7 pounds from just eating better! Dang boys...life is just soo easy for them :)

Today has been a crazy emotional day. We decided to start looking for a new daycare for Kelsey for the new year. We have been nothing but happy with our babysitter, but Kelsey needs to be around more kids. If you've met her you know, she is a social butterfly. She loves people and is obsessed with other babies! For this reason, we really want her to be around other kids to interact and learn from them, but breaking the news to our babysitter was so hard. I was almost in tears, my heart was pounding out of my chest. I don't like hurting people and she has been with Kelsey since she was 8 weeks. A lot has changed since then and she's been there every step of the way. Needless to say, I was super anxious about the conversation, but she made it very easy. We are going to start looking soon in order to find her the best place possible. I think this whirlwind of emotions will make for a good run tonight. Ugh....life decisions can be such a challenge. Well, this time, I promise to post before next week!

11 mile run this weekend with the neighbor, Turkey Trot 8-miler on Thanksgiving, and White Rock Half on Dec 5th!

The countdown in on...

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment