John and I decided to start Insanity together. I will only be able to do it twice a week, but he's going to do it everyday. It's always interesting to get another person's perspective on that workout, especially since I've been doing it for so long. He said it was tough, but enjoyed the workout altogether. We did the Cardio Circuit one, from the Level I DVD. Let me tell you, that exercise is killer! My shoulders were on fire, and I have yet to make it through the 2nd circuit all three times. One day, I will complete that! The combination of the Level 1 Drill, ski abs, and in-and-outs is impossible! 30 seconds has never felt so long...
Well, bad news is I will not be running the White Rock Half-Marathon. I went to sign up and it was 100% full :( I'm going to register to be on the wait list - but the half will now cost me $100. Not fun for a broke teacher! I am contemplating substituting it with the Decker Half in Austin (Dec 12th). Only bad thing about that is I would have to miss the faculty Christmas party the night before on the 11th. I really enjoy this party, so we'll have to see whether or not I will make the committment. The next half isn't until January 29th, and that's just a little too far away.... Oh what I would give to not be a procrastinator!
I've got a 4 miler tonight. Should be nice. It's been raining outside and the temperature is cooling down. I'll let you know how that goes later on today..
Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks to a good friend, I joined dailymile.com. It's an awesome website to track your runs. It also gives you an interactive map where you can trace your runs and find out how long they are. It even lets you go "off roads" and track your mileage. I was so excited when I found out about it last night and thought I'd pass on the information to my friends!
Have a good one!
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment